Patches are things that have unlimited uses in the clothing and apparel industry and turning these patches into a huge profit is pretty easy than some people might think. Whether you sell custom patches or some other type of patches you will be making a profit for your business. Patches are very retro-inspired and stylish accessories that transform the whole appeal of a bag, jacket, or jeans. Patches can be made on thousands of ideas, they can be about sports, military, movies, tv-shows, bands, classic movies, and travel destinations. One thing is proved and sure that these little patches mean serious or big business.
So this article is about woven patches vs embroidered patches. Both types of patches are great in their ways and have multiple fantastic uses and they help a lot to complete the aesthetics you have in mind. Woven patch vs embroidery patches has one thing in common they will add more to the appeal of the apparel or garment.
Woven patch vs embroidery patch is the two most famous types of patches. They have a lot of differences that make them distinct from each other. But there are some things common as well and we will dive into all this after discussing all their specifications. So let us get into it.
Woven Patches vs Embroidery Patches
If you are finding it hard to choose between a woven patch and vs embroidery patch then we will break down all the components of a woven patch vs an embroidery patch along with their pros and cons. This will help you to choose the ideal patch for your business or product.
The question of which one is better among woven patches vs embroidery patches is much asked by the customers. Both of them are pretty common patches that can be created in different sizes, shapes, and styles. So there are a lot of customization features about the design, color, and shape of the patch.
What Are The Different Types Of Patches?
There are a lot of different types of patches available nowadays in the market that makes the choice for the customer easy and hard at the same time because there are a lot of options for you to showcase your ideas. The types of patches vary based on their function, their creation, and the material that is used to manufacture them.
The different types of custom patches provided by Austin Trim are:
- Embroidery patches.
- Chenille patches.
- Leather patches.
- Woven patches.
- Blank patches.
- Name patches.
- Iron-On patches.
- Bullion patches.
- Velcro patches.
- Printed patches.
- PVC patches.
Note: Don’t forget to also check out what woven printed labels
Custom woven patches
The great thing about woven patches is that they are created with a thinner thread that makes the design and text of the patch look more readable and appealing. The tighter weave of custom woven labels is also a factor that makes these labels top quality and popular among the masses.
Custom embroidery patches
The most traditional type of patches is embroidery patches that are around for a lot of years. These patches are created with textured and fabric backing.
The categories of customization
Both woven patches and embroidery patches allow a lot of customization. The categories of customization are given below that help you to create your perfect custom patch. So let us get down to it.
The customer can choose from a lot of materials available like twill, camouflage, felt, polyester blend, reflective mylar, nylon and so much more.
There is also a huge range of color and thread options available including neon, metallic, puff embroidery, etc.
The backing helps you to attach the patch to the desired place on the apparel or clothing pieces. The backing options are adhesive, pin, magnet, Velcro, and thin plastic.
The art of adorning the fabric or some different material with yarn or thread is known as embroidery. Embroidery patches are very durable pieces of fabric and backing that are decorated with raised vibrant embroidery threads of multiple colors.
Embroidery patches are the most costly option compared to other patches. They take more time to manufacture as well. The timeline and extra cost of such custom embroidery patches make them not the first option for many customers.
The Benefits Of Embroidery Patches
- Embroidery patches are three-dimensional. They have a depth and texture of embroidery that makes them more appealing and stand out among the other patches.
- Embroidery patches have a very elegant and classic look because they are one of the traditional patches that have been famous for a long time.
- Embroidery patches are a pretty famous type of patch because of their classic look and elegance. They make the design vibrant and three-dimensional. They are still the top choice by the customer.
The drawbacks of embroidery patches
- Embroidery patches cost a lot compared to other patches. The custom order of embroidery patches will cost based per patch so embroidery patches cost more than a woven patch.
- The creation period of embroidery patches is also long and the process of manufacturing is complex and long compared to woven patches. So the whole turnaround time for embroidery patches is also a drawback.
- Embroidery patches have a bulky look. The huge amount of embroidery and raised thread make the patch look rather chunky.
- Embroidery patches are not a great option for intricate or small detailed designing because they have chunky thread work.
Woven patches are made with a tighter weave and thinner threads compared to embroidery patches. In the manufacturing of woven patches, the weave of the thread design is done directly over the patch instead of creating the design on the thick fabric over the fabric backing. The result of this technique is that the design is showcased in a high-resolution finishing.
Woven patches are ideal for such designs that need intricate detailing. These patches are one-dimensional so that is the reason there being not bulky compared to embroidery patches. Woven patches can be applied inside the accessories and clothing as well because they are very thin and compact.
Woven patches are not an expensive option which makes them a top hit against embroidery patches. They also have a fast turnaround time. The time and cost, in the end, depend upon the number of patches one orders.
The Benefits Of Woven Patches
- Woven patches are great for such designs that need fine detailing because the thread is thinner and clearer than embroidery patches and the result of the woven patch product has a high-resolution finish.
- Woven patches are very fine and light and not bulky like embroidery patches because they are made with thinner threads. They are ideal for thin fabric and you can apply them on the outside and inside of accessories and clothing.
- Woven patches have a low cost that makes them perfect compared to embroidery patches.
- Woven patches have a fast turnaround time which makes them an ideal option for some people and they do not have a complex manufacturing process.
The drawbacks of woven patches
- Although the one-dimension of woven patches makes them thin and fine still they cannot reach the high reputation of embroidery patches. They are not considered classic as they have a flat or smooth surface instead of being raised.
- Woven patches are not much popular compared to embroidery patches which means it is hard to sell them.
- Woven patches do not have the classy look of embroidery patches so that is why they do not stand out like them.
The best one between the woven patches and embroidery depends upon your requirements and preferences. If you want to go for a classic look then embroidery patches are best but if you want a more detailed design then woven patches are great.